- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
It turns out this fix doesn't handle all circumstances. For example, clicking Google Play from https://www.stoutner.com/privacy-browser/ (doesn't load the first time) or loading foxnews.com from the home page (corruption on DuckDuckGo).
The problem with corruption of DuckDuckGo only happens the first time a particular website is loaded from it. If the user goes back and loads it again, the problem doesn't appear (likely some information it is waiting for is now cached and so there isn't enough time to corrupt the DuckDuckGo site).
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Priority changed from Next Release to 4.x
These are two separate but related problems. Both of them relate to having custom Domain Settings for particular URLs.
2. The issue with loading Google Play from Stoutner.com is caused because Stoutner.com uses the default User Agent (PrivacyBrowser/1.0) while Google Play uses a custom User Agent (WebView Default). When the new user agent is applied it reloads the current webpage.
After playing around with `WebView.onPause()` and `WebView.pauseTimers()` in various locations, it seems to me that there is no way to fix this bug until Privacy WebView is released as part of the 4.x series.
Also available in: Atom