Create an option to use the default X-Requested-With header
I would like to report an issue and I hope this is the right place.
When I try to access some government website (https://www.bloctel.gouv.fr/ or https://www.service-public.fr/), I am blocked.
The same page with Fennec show no problem.
- activate/deactive the privacy list
- change the user agent
- activate/deactive Netguard
The problem still remains.
Is this behaviour expected ? Can I do something to access theses websites ?
Phone: Oneplus 6
Android version: 11
OS: Lineage OS 18.1
Browser: Privacy browser 3.10.1 (F-droid)
Other applications: Netguard 2.300 (F-Droid)
Updated by Soren Stoutner about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Some website are blocked when using Privacy browser to Create an option to use the default X-Requested-With header
- Assignee set to Soren Stoutner
- Priority changed from 3.x to Next Release
The problem with these websites is they don't like receiving a null header, specifically the X-Requested-With header with a null value. This is discussed in some detail at https://redmine.stoutner.com/issues/37. The ultimate goal is to remove the header entirely, but that won't be possible until the 4.x series with Privacy WebView.
In the meantime, I think I will create an option for users to revert the header to the default value, which is `X-Requested-With:com.stoutner.privacybrowser.standard`.
Updated by Soren Stoutner 8 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed