Forums » Privacy Browser Android Forum »
How to use StartPage with custom settings
Added by Jesse M almost 3 years ago
I finally figured out how to use StartPage with your settings customized as the default search without cookies if anyone is interested:
- Go to StartPage settings and customize to your liking
- Save, then go back into settings and copy to clipboard the obfuscated URL given at the bottom of the page
- Go into Privacy Browser settings and paste into custom search URL
- Replace the portion of the URL
- Add this to the end:
- So it will look like this:
https://www.startpage.com/sp/search?prfe=[long string of characters]&cat=web&query=
And there you have it. Searches will retain your theme, search settings, POST option, etc.
RE: How to use StartPage with custom settings - Added by Soren Stoutner almost 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing.