Display the IP Address in the View SSL Certificate dialog
Added by bill bunter over 5 years ago.
Updated about 4 years ago.
IP address of site in https dialogue.
IP address pinning in Domains dialogue?
I think IP address pinning increase security by preventing poison DNS redirect to fake site or MITM when IP address is already pinned no need for dns lookup.
- Subject changed from IP Addresses to Display the IP Address in the View SSL Certificate dialog
- Assignee changed from bill bunter to Soren Stoutner
This is a good suggestion. It doesn't look like `WebView` exposes this information directly, but I should be able to pull it using `InetAddress.getAllByName()`.
Note that this would be a separate call for DNS resolution than that used by `WebView`, but in most cases it should return the same results.
I will work on this for the second half of the 2.x series.
- Related to Feature #212: IP Address Pinning in Domain Settings added
- Priority changed from 2 to Next Release
- Status changed from New to Closed
Also available in: Atom